بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
اللهم صل على سيدنا محمد وعلى آله وصحبه وسلم
There are a lot of ways to entertain yourself. No? That is why all of us have different hobbies. One loves to read (me!) and one loves to do maths for fun (me!)
I forgot what triggered it in the first place but regardless of the sequence I am listing it down here. May you readers benefit from it.
1) Death. I sat in a movie theater and then suddenly have the thought of death *I do not want to die in here O.O *
2) Unbeneficial ie laghaa. I guess lifestyle played a part too. Because something hit me inside and I felt that my life had been filled with too much unbeneficial junk that I need to remove it as much as I can. Sebab nak jadi baik kene buang yang keruh dulu. Then ambil yang jernih. Sebab dah teruk sangat lah nak jadi baik. Doakan.
I know what you are going to say. Some movies are beneficial! I agree. Here I would say it depends on the movies of course. But for me, being me…I know who I am and I know the situation I am in. I am a muslim and I felt guilty because there are other more important lessons from the Quran that I have not even try to study or benefit from. Not only Quran, but Islam as a whole. And I guess because I love reading therefore reading the books of tafsir or biographies of the Prophet صلى الله عليه وسلم or the companions was considered entertainment to me. Thus why choose junk over jewel right? Pergh Nadrah.
And anyways I ain’t a kid so I expect more from myself. Sometimes yes you may watch, all the time no.
3) Wasting your time. There are other more beneficial things you can do. Really.
4) Money. Save that money for books Nadrah! I love books!
5) Unintentional Sins of the Eyes? Here, firstly, I would divide movies into two categories : Cartoons and Non-Cartoons.
I have no issues with cartoons. With non-cartoons is well hhhmm. Let us all be truthful, what are the chances that there will not be unappropriate scenes and or/vulgarities used?
Apart from that I guess I was thinking the permissibility of me watching because there is a 99.9% probability that I will see the aurah/aurat (ie parts I am not suppose to look according to islamic teachings) of another person. The aurah of a women to another women is from the navel to the knee (the knee not inclusive) And perhaps I was saying to myself enough that I need to endure looking at it when I am outside, seeking knowledge or just buying the groceries. Isn’t that enough? Because I am in a public school so erm you get what I mean? Take care of your sight as much as you can ey?
As you can see I wrote ‘thinking of the permissibility’ ie I do not know. As you can see as a community we all still watch TV. No? Ustaz or non-ustaz still watch movie right? Based on intentions too I suppose?
But regardless, there are still other reasons to stop watching and other more beneficial things to do.
As a human being though, it is tempting sometimes. My last movie was Frozen, the ustaz that was at my house also watched it till the end before going. Oh how cute right? (Yes I waited until the DVD came out)
Apart from that, I am not fond of the idea that people watch movies to bond with each other. I would suggest to just go dinner and talk to each other. Okay?
For you is your opinions, and for me is my opinions 😉
May Allah make us better slaves and live the lifestyle similar to the lifestyle we have during ramadhan [you don’t go to movie theaters during ramadhan right? 😉 ]